of the Neighborhood
To help date the pics, here’s the briefest possible history of the railroad bed.
Built in 1880 by Nantasket Beach RR, ran only through Hull. Steam powered.
By 1893, connected to Old Colony Line and operated by New Haven RR. Soon electrified.
Early 1900‘s, trollies shared(?) line from Nantasket Junction to Pemberton.
Abandoned in 1937.
Looking North to W Street
Looking South From Allerton Hill
Looking South to U Street
Looking North to V Street
Looking South to W Street